- Grassroots Financial Advocates: Project GREEN has equipped eight residents in Greater Grand Rapids to become Grassroots Financial Advocates. Through a series of deep-listening sessions, GREEN has captured the strategies used by the working poor to survive and thrive economically. This has now been formed into a place-based financial empowerment curriculum to teach others. These eight grassroots leaders have since been trained on teaching strategy and facilitation in order to serve as grassroots financial instructors. GREEN has provided advocacy training for the grassroots leaders on how to navigate the local governmental systems in order to advocate for policies that best serve their needs and those of the larger community – with emphasis on the financial services industry.
- Statewide Fair Lending Coalition: GREEN will develop a statewide network of anchor institutions from 12 targeted communities across Michigan who would work to counteract the negative economic impact of payday lending. Together, this coalition will:
- Network to share strategies.
- Collect payday loan stories from consumers.
- Raise community awareness on predatory lending.
- Develop a shared vision and strategy with partner organizations that will lead to an eventual public campaign.
- Build the capacity of partner organizations and develop potential solutions.
- Organize a fair lending education and advocacy campaign.
- Work with traditional lending institutions to provide fair and responsible lending options within their communities.
Stay Connected With Us!
Share our Website
SOCIAL MEDIA FEED
MONEY TALK WORKSHOPS
Please check back for future Workshop dates.
ABOUT PROJECT GREEN
Project GREEN is a local non-profit organization that teaches the local community how to gain economic empowerment while addressing the issue of predatory payday lending in Michigan!